REC launches black multicrystalline panel up to 285 watts
Through the implementation of its innovative proprietary cell technology, REC has succeeded in the production of uniformly black-colored multicrystalline cells. When assembled together with a black frame and black backsheet, the result is the first full-black panel from REC.
This ’60-cell’ full-black panel from REC is certified according to IEC 61215 and IEC 61730, as well as UL 1703 and has a maximum system rating of 1,000 volts and due to the company it’s free from potential induced degradation (PID), avoiding power losses even in the harshest conditions.
With a nominal power rating of up to 285 watts, the TwinPeak 2 BLK2 is the second product TwinPeak 2 family and packs in several evolving REC TwinPeak technologies:
- Cells made from larger wafers for increased current production
- Five busbars for reduced cell resistance
- Half-cut cell technology to further reduce internal resistance
- PERC (Passivated Emitter Rear Cell) technology for increased light capture
- Split junction box spread across the middle of the panel, allowing an innovative panel design and improved performance in shaded conditions
Available globally, the REC TwinPeak 2 BLK2 is of real benefit in residential markets in the US and European countries such as Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, and the U.K. where panel aesthetics are highly valued. (nhp)
If you want to know more about high-efficiency and smart modules join our pv Guided Tours at Intersolar Europe Munich.
Stay informed, get our weekly newsletter. Register here: http://www.pveurope.eu/Newsletter